Solved

Workaround for Reporting Manager Portion of the Module

• 20 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Right now, the onboarding module relies on the reporting manager to make their selection from the build kits before the main ticket can even be created for the new onboard. I believe there may be two paths forward

1. To find a workaround where the main ticket is created before the reporting manager is notified.
  2. To remove the reporting manager from the onboarding form portion and find a workaround to still use onboarding kits. 

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 21 December 2023, 14:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For us only a member of IT can do the onboarding which allows us to use the onboarding kits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @sheriseg We use an agent group to allow access to the Onboarding Module. This makes the IT Member the reporting manager in essence. They can fill out the form and select the service items from the build kits. I imagine this is similar to @Jim Dumay .

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We would really like to make it that the actual reporting manager fills this out. How unfortunate. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @sheriseg, I just offer one other solution. And that is to not use the employee onboarding module, create your build kits as service item bundles, and configure your service catalog settings to generate child tickets for every service item. This would give you a similar experience as the build kits where you could run workflow automators to route tickets to correct groups. Just a thought. 

This was an issue for our process.  We made a workaround that might be more involved than necessary.

Created a service item for the initial hire/notification process. This service item has many custom fields to gather all the needed information - one field being the reporting manager.  When submitted this creates a ticket for immediate notification.  Then created a workflow that uses an API call to create the onboarding request. The onboarding request is populated the with reporting manager from the initial service request.  

Again, might be complex but this gets us the information quickly to start the onboarding process while still being able to use the onboarding module for complete fullfillment.