Question

Ticket Feedback Loop

• 1 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I wanted to check in about an issue we've run into that impacts our ability to send/receive responses for tickets if it goes unnoticed or unaddressed.

Essentially we had a ticket in which the requester copied in another email alias for a 3rd party vendor that was also using a ticketing system with an automated instant generic reply ("We'll review your request within X days and get back to you..." etc.). It then triggered our FreshService instance to then also send our canned auto reply and create this ongoing feedback loop of the systems going back and forth sending the same generic message to each other (screenshots attached). Right now we do have a workflow automation in place to keep this from happening and have since added this specific alias to it.

My thought is that though we do have our workflow automation, we can't necessarily control for the variable if a requestor is copying in a new alias that may also have an auto response, only address it reactively as it happens and comes up. My concern is that when this happens over a weekend or overnight, it impacts our ability to respond to tickets because there is a Gmail "send" limit (which we realized due to this ticket of 7k replies). Our team is then unable to respond to actual urgent employee requests as we need to keep business running as usual. 

My hope would be that we can proactively get ahead of it with some other creative solution which is where I would love your help. Have other FreshWorks clients had this issue before? Do you know how they addressed it?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

Apologies, I’m a little bit confused: You posted your issue in FreshDesk section, but tagged it as FreshService. You also mentioned FreshService instance in your description, which makes me think this is indeed about FreshService, but wanted to double check.

On the other had, there are no screenshots, but I think I got your issue.

And, if I got it right, this is more likely to be addressed on the email subsystem itself rather than in FreshService. For your case, Google Workspace. Or even using an Anti-spam or Email Gateway solution with rate limit or other security measures.

I’m still curious about how you managed this in a workflow.

Regards,