We’re so glad you’re here. Welcome to the Freshdesk Community :)
Read this post to know how you can make the most out of the Freshdesk Community. These aren’t strict rules, but important guidelines that you can help you while you’re here. The Community becomes more awesome with contributions from people like you, so we encourage you to share your ideas and questions.
Introduce yourself in the welcome post
We recommend you start your journey by introducing yourself to the Community. It’s a great place with a lot of diverse people and we’d love to know more about you, your interests and your business.
You can start by writing what you want people to remember you for Keep it light, share some pictures and let’s all have fun getting to know each other!
It all begins with a search
There’s a lot that has happened in the community over the years (hundreds of conversations happen every week even today). If you have an idea or question, we suggest you start with good old search.
If you look around, you might save yourself some time, because there’s a good chance that your question may have already been answered. You might even stumble upon quite a bunch of interesting ideas along the way.
One Community - Different tracks
Posting your question or idea in the right place will ensure that it is seen by the people who are most able to help! Also, please make sure you're logged in to the portal to get the maximum out of the Community.
Consider this as a map that can help you navigate across the Community:
- What’s new in Freshdesk - a forum that talks about exciting new releases, announcements and any product changes that should know about.
- Release notes - At Freshdesk, we ship every week and so it might be hard for you to keep track of the changes. Follow this forum to stay updated on the latest releases.
- AMA with the Freshdesk team - You can ask questions or share feedback with the team live on this forum.
- Notes from Support - We share regular trends in support tickets received by the team. You can uncover a lot of things about Freshdesk which you might not have known about earlier.
- Ideas - a place for your to pitch your ideas/suggestions, known as ‘feature requests’ in its previous avatar
- Ask the community - a place for your to ask/help other community members with Freshdesk
- Report problems - a place to report bugs and serious issues
- Share your Freshdesk story - If you have an interesting story about how you use Freshdesk, share it here with the community
- Freshthemes Gallery - Platform to showcase beautifully customised Freshdesk portals
- Freshdesk API - Forum to ask/discuss the Freshdesk API
- Tips and Tricks - Got a tip that can help other Freshdesk users? Showcase your expertise here.
- Voices of Support - An open forum for you to ask/help other community members with anything related to customer support/customer success.
You can also follow a topic/forum to get instant updates on any new posts/comments.
Appreciate and share some love
Found an interesting and useful topic? Thank the author for the post, upvote and share your opinion in the comments section. Uh, we’ve just let you know the secret to get a topic trending in the Community ;)
And, if you think a comment on the post deserves an applause, do it with the upvote button.
Contribute and make someone’s day better
The Community is nothing without your contribution. Whether you're writing a new post or a comment, please keep in mind to include maximum details like why you like the idea, how beneficial it would be for your business/team, etc. for the benefit of the community.
Help people around, and make someone’s day. We all get a great feeling when we help others, don’t we?
Spam and abuse
No one likes spam - keep the community free of spam and respect people who use it in the right way. And, do refrain from adding promotional links or products in your comments.
You might disagree with few ideas/suggestions - don’t be a bully, keep the conversation in tone with the argument and respect others’ opinions too.
Let’s keep things clean and make the community awesome together!