Agent reply Emails are not being delivered.

• 28 May 2019
  • 7 replies

We are suddenly unable to reply to tickets, every time I reply to a ticket I get an "Email was not delivered to ___" error message with the following explanation:

The following message composed by you on ticket 903 failed to reach the recipient EMAILADDRESS@DOMAIN.com.

Reason: "Message bounced - Temporary error.

This has been working fine for a over a year, and just started failing on Wednesday, 5/22/19.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

I am having the same issue starting this morning (5/30/19). We use Freshdesk for internal IT support, as well as for subsidiary companies. I had one instance of this issue a couple weeks ago, but waited a few minutes and responded without issue. Today I am unable to respond to a number of tickets, but if I add a comment or respond through email it the notification sends.

Hi, we have the same issue. We can't sent emails to many of our customers. If we sent from our outlook emails then it works.

Same for us today. happens on many different email accounts. we email once it works, then we reply to the email and it fails second time.

After a couple weeks with no issue, this has cropped back up again this morning. Confirmed with our external facing support group that they are having the same issue.

I've confirmed through both message traces and our security product that the email is never even checking in with our system. Luckily I can respond to the notification email with an update to the ticket and that sends fine, but direct responses out of Freshdesk fail, but this issue really should be resolved.

We are having the same issue. It started 6/18/19. Only certain client responses fail - not all. It's very frustrating as we deal with a lot of time sensitive issues and it wastes our agents time having to re-reply to the same issue because the initial response did not go through.

We have been having a problem when replying to tickets also. Receiving an error stating the email was not delivered to the individual.

It is happening for all users.
It is every reply.

It happens when you try to resend the reply.
You Can reply to the email notification from Outlook and have the reply go
through.

The solution for us was to configure DKIM. We have not had any issues since.

Prior to configuring DKIM we could only respond to a ticket that was submitted via the portal.