Question

Agent tickets with internal issues not assigned to any company

• 13 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

When one of our agents creates an internal ticket (so his own name as requester) our internal customers cannot see these tickets.

Our company name is CONTOSO.

Internal customers (so not agents) cannot see these tickets like our customers can for their own company. (Collaborator is not a solution)

We can assign the ticket to a dummy internal email so that it gets assigned to our internal company name (best work-a-round so far) however the requesting agent doesn’t receives replies anymore when another agents replies to the issue. There are workaround for this also, but what would make more sense is, that if some from @contoso.com creates a ticket, agent or internal customer alike, the ticket gets assigned to the corresponding company CONTOSO.

This would also fix issues in empty company names in analytic reports.

How is this supposed to work/e.g. how can I get the agent created tickets (where an agent asks support) assigned to a company

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I tried assigning company to internal tickets with webhook but that fails:

"errors":[{"field":"company_id","message":"The requester does not belong to the specified company"

Tried to assign to agent to the company, but that also fails;

"field":"company_id","message":"Unexpected/invalid field in request"

I really need to get rid of company --- in reports because internal requests also cost resources, so I cannot just leave them out, or explain, yes sorry --- means our own company but freshdesk doesn’t support internal tickets. Also I need to share the internal tickets within the company making use of the customer portal. Please help someone….

Badge +2

I have this issue too. The simplest option would be to be able to assign agents to companies in the same way as normal contacts. Even better would be to be able to re-assign tickets to companies independent of their contact, to account for situations where agents or contacts are related to multiple companies.

Badge

Hi @Jaapbg , Hi @dschmidt ,

did you find a solution or a workaround to the issue that agent created tickets are not assigned to a company?

Any idea would be hightly appreciated.

Badge +2

I added a custom ticket field for company, and automations to set it based on the Requester’s company (if a normal contact), or email domain/address (if an agent). I have a small number of agents, so it’s workable, but not ideal.

I am not able to create a ticket for a new company i just created. I get the following response-
Pls help.

{

"description": "Validation failed",

"errors": [

{

"field": "company_id",

"message": "The requester does not belong to the specified company",

"code": "invalid_value"

}

]

}