Solved

Attachments as Attachments not hyper links

• 15 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there any option to change how attachments in replies are added; they’re currently hyperlinks and we would like them to be attachments.

We’ve had a few instances where we send an attachment in a reply and the customer cant access it due to a firewall on their end that prohibits the opening of hyperlinks from emails. All attachments on freshdesks (that I can see) add to the bottom of the email responses as hyperlinks. Is there any setting I’ve missed that could allow normal attachments and not have it go through a link? 

Any help on a change to settings or a link to information on it as I can’t find any other issues the same or information on it. 

icon

Best answer by Keer 15 April 2021, 16:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @mackenziefreshdesk , can you navigate to Admin → Security and check if the secure attachments toggle is ON in your helpdesk? If so, can you disable it and try testing by dropping a email with attachments again and observe the behaviour?

Secured attachments

But this feature is available onlyin Forest, Forest omnichannel and Estate omnichannel plans. If this is enabled, as mentioned here, all attachments would be sent as hyperlinks.

If you are not able to find any such feature under security settings, please let us know and we’ll log a ticket for you right away to check this further. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi @Keer 

Thank you for this, we’re not on Forest or Estate so that will be why. I’ll let the team on my end know and go from there. Thank you! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sure, @mackenziefreshdesk ! In that case, we shall create a ticket on your behalf to check this further. Have a good day!