Solved

Block agent to change ticket priority

• 28 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I would like to know if there is anyway to block agents from changing tickets priorities.

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 28 September 2021, 14:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @rituzen,

Freshdesk provides custom roles feature to restrict the agents from performing certain actions. As shown in the screenshot, there is an option to restrict agents from editing the properties of tickets, however, this would not be specific only to ticket priority. 

Custom roles

Hence, as an alternative, you can set up Ticket updates automation rule (Admin > Automation > Ticket updates) to change automatically the ticket priorities whenever an agent is performing the event of changing priority. Sample rule for your reference, this can be tweaked as per your requirements as well.

Ticket updates automation

Cheers,

It would be great to see more granularity in restricting the changing of properties. In my example, i want to give managers (admins) the ability to change individual tickets priorities from those set in workflows, but i don’t want to allow agents to do it, but i cant stop agents from doing it without stopping them from changing things they might need to change, like the group/agent. Needing admins to carry out this action for them creates too much work. Being able to select what properties can be changed in the role set-up would be ideal.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @LiamKilbride 

Your use case sounds very valid and yes we heard you!

You can make use of the following app to either hide the field to your agents to disable ( greyed out) to your selective agents.

https://www.freshworks.com/apps/hidedisable_ticket_fields

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @rituzen 

Your use case sounds very valid and yes we heard you!

You can make use of the following app to either hide the field to your agents to disable ( greyed out) to your selective agents.

https://www.freshworks.com/apps/hidedisable_ticket_fields

Hope this helps!