Solved

Cleaning up old tickets without affecting reports

• 17 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m helping our team improve our Freshdesk system to take advantage of it’s features, but there are a lot of extremely outdated, inactive and entirely irrelevant tickets still opened. Is there a way to close these out or archive them without affecting reports? They’ve done a better job managing more recent tickets, and we don’t want our current metrics to be affected, but need to clear these out.

icon

Best answer by Keer 18 June 2021, 09:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @jessicalarson831, we are glad to see that you’re exploring Freshdesk. For your usecase, you can close the old tickets using a ticket update API call. While making the call, you can set the status to closed and add a tag, say, ‘exclude’. 

Now, the call would set the status of the ticket to closed and add a tag ‘exclude’ in the tickets. In the reports, you can easily apply a filter like below to get the tickets which doesn’t have the tag ‘exclude’. This way, you can ensure the metrics are not affected. 

Filtering tickets using tags

I hope this helps. If you have further queries, please post them here and I’d be glad to help. Thanks!

Thank you! We are on Sprout, so I don’t think we have the ability to add filters on the reports or in analytics. Is there a way to do it in this case?

Please disregard the above - I missed the “Viewing” button that changes to allow editing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Please disregard the above - I missed the “Viewing” button that changes to allow editing.

Yes, @jessicalarson831. You got it right :) If you have further queries, please post them here and we’d be glad to help. Thanks.