Solved

Custom Field (Company Field) in the ticket form

• 7 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Is it possible create a custom field, i.e TEST in the Company Field section with a value “TEST” and make it visible in the ticket form creation in the Customer Portal?

Thanks,

Andrea

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 8 June 2021, 13:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Andrea,

At the moment, company fields would not reflect in the ticket form of customer portal. However, you can create a similar ticket field under Admin > Ticket fields and this would be shown in the ticket form. Once the information is obtained in this ticket field post ticket creation, you can update the custom company field (created under Admin > Customer fields > Companies) via automation webhooks (Admin > Automation ).

Freshdesk API to update company and its fields: https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#update_company

Feel free to drop a note or write to support@freshdesk.com for any further queries and we would be happy to help! :)

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Hello Hemanth,

unfortunately this solution doesn’t work for me.

I have to create a specific field and make it visible differently for all company present in Freshdesk.

Company1 → Field_Name= Suite Version → Value: test1

Company2→ Field_Name= Suite Version → Value: test2

So, I have to make visible in the customer portal for the company Company1 the field name Suite Version with the Value: test1 and so on.

I hope in the future to have this functionality: make visibile in the customer portal the desired fields/custom fields present in the Company properties.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing details, Andrea. 

Can you let me know if you are trying to showcase certian fields and values based on the user’s company in the portal? Also, is there any specific reason why you would like to use only a company field and not a ticket field in place? Feel free to drop a note here elaborating more on the same and we would be happy to help! :)

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team