Solved

FreshDesk SSO Logout

• 21 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I have implemented SSO with JWT for FreshDesk and everything works well so far. We have a custom application where users log in to. And once logged in, they can click a Help link which logs them into FreshDesk on a new tab for the same browser. Our code kicks in when the Help link is kicked and we create a JWT based on the logged in user’s information and pass it to FreshDesk. The works great, but we would also like to implement the log out functionality. 

Whenever a user logs out of our application, we would also like to log the user out of FreshDesk. I was trying to see if there is any API endpoint that I can access and pass the JWT token, where the FreshDesk application logs out the appropriate user. I was told that currently such API does not exist.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? How did you implement this?

icon

Best answer by Keer 22 June 2021, 20:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @amitd, good day! We see your queries regarding JWT has been addressed in the ticket. Regarding the logout functionality, as soon as the user logs out of your application, you can also hit the URL : yourfreshdeskURL/logout

If you could do this, they’ll be logged out of Freshdesk as well.

If you wish to set a timeout for the session as such, we’re hyped up for the new feature that’ll help you achieve this.  

Session Timeout Feature 

I hope this helps 🙂 Let us know if you have any further queries. 

Thank you for your response. Actually, I have already tried opening the logout URL in the new tab and indeed it works, but our team would appreciate the same functionality happening behind the scene. Opening a new tab is not a good UI solution according to our manager and I also somewhat agree. In the meanwhile setting timeout seems to be a good middle ground. Will try to implement that for now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thank you for your response. Actually, I have already tried opening the logout URL in the new tab and indeed it works, but our team would appreciate the same functionality happening behind the scene. Opening a new tab is not a good UI solution according to our manager and I also somewhat agree. In the meanwhile setting timeout seems to be a good middle ground. Will try to implement that for now.

Thanks for your feedback, Amit :) We’ll pass this on as a feature request to see how we can do better here. Have a good day!

Hello,

Any news on this matter? I’m also looking for a way to logout an user (delete all his FreshDesk sessions) using a background call.