How can i change the customer portal linked to automation email notifications?

• 8 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello, I have a question about automations in a multiple customer portals setting : How can I change the customer portal all links in automation's notification email?

We have several portals (4 to date, maybe more later).

Each portal is designed for a distinct type of customers (external and internal customers).

My problem is: i want to adapt customer portal linked in the notification emails sent to customers and agents following the portal were the ticket originated from.

Is it possible?

If yes, How?

Thanks for your help!

Mathieu.

7 replies

@mathieu.mertz - You could make use of the placeholder, {{ticket.portal_url}} instead of {{ticket.url}} in the email, to send out ticket links corresponding to the portals.

Cheers!

same here. kindly explain me

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@saadi You would be able to find an option to insert a placeholder when you click on the notification you wish to edit. 

Upon clicking, you can choose a ‘Product specific ticket URL’ on the list of placehodlers displayed. Let us know if you have further queries. 

Keerthana, Freshdesk Community

You would be able to find an option to insert a placeholder when you click on the notification you wish to edit

great

Badge

Can you create email notifications for portal initiated tickets and NOT for email initiated tickets?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @MarkMcChlery,

Yes, you can create an automation rule under Admin->Automations->Ticket Creation->New Rule as seen below where you can check if the source is “Portal” and send an email to the requester.