Solved

How can I tag many tickets at once ?

• 6 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi everyone,

I am still new in Freshdesk and have been using it for the last 3 months with my team.

For more efficiency, we want to be able to import our archived emails and search them easily within Freshdesk. For this, I wanted to tag some tickets that I selected from a search result.

Something like :

• search for all tickets with the keyword « Assemblée Générale »
  • tag all results with the tag « AG »
  • search for all tickets with the keyword « AG »
  • also tag all results with the tag « AG »

And then, when we need to search through our old history, my agents can use this limited selection of tags as reference instead of trying to use complicated search strings.

Of course, if there is a very different way to build my easy-to-search knowledge base, I am quite willing to explore these ways.

I also want to use the solutions but it takes a lot of time to write them down properly and I want to gain efficiency before this.

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 10 August 2021, 14:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Juliane,

We are super happy that you are a part of our Freshworks Community. :)

For your business requirements, you can configure a Ticket creation automation rule like below (Admin > Automation) to add tags whenever an incoming ticket contains a specific set of keywords. 

For existing tickets, you can make use of either Time triggers or Ticket updates automation rule and add tags on the tickets. In case of Time triggers rule, it would run only on the last thirty days created/updated tickets in your helpdesk. 

Also, regarding your query on solutions, can you please elaborate more on the same and share your usecase in detail to help you out with the best possible solution.

Thank you,

Freshworks Community Team

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello,

I’m sorry, I don’t see how I can use the time trigger. The way I understand this, I can filter the tickets on their properties and/or their « time status » (number of hours since opening, etc) but I can’t filter on keywords (in subject and/or content).

Filters (in french) in the time trigger automation

Also, regarding your query on solutions, can you please elaborate more on the same and share your usecase in detail to help you out with the best possible solution.

For this, I was just saying that, later, I will use solutions for my knowledge base and add the tags in them to search for them easily. I don’t have any problem with it, on the contrary. This is what I want to do. I just said that I can’t use them now because we didn’t write many articles yet. And I want to use the 14000 e-mails that I am uploading as tickets in Freshdesk in the meantime.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Sorry, I just realized how I could do it for existing tickets :

1. For all my history tickets, I create a time trigger rule that change one of their properies (like a new status « Archive with tag »
  2. In parallel, I created several update triggers that react to the new status « Archive with tag » and filter with the keyword to give the tag

Can I have several update triggers on the same event ? The event would be « the status goes from “Archive” to “Archive with tag” » and I would want each update trigger to search for a list of keywords to add one tag. Would the result be that some tickets would get several tags from the different triggers ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

That’s great, Juliane! :)

You can have multiple actions for the same Ticket update event. Depending on the configuration, the automation rule would get executed on the tickets. Let us know if you need further help in setting up automation and we would more than glad to assist! 

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team