Solved

How do you track time spent in tickets?

• 25 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Something that really surprised me is Freshdesks inherent lack of time tracking functionality. All of it seems to be baked into Time Sheets which appears to be quite out-dated and even broken. The Time Sheets, for example, only export partial data. The widgets in the Analytics tool are curated-only, and although you can customize them, you can’t save your customized widgets inside of that curated report.

I am curious if anyone has come up with any creative solutions to help them understand how much total time, and average time their Agents spend inside of tickets based on the Time Logs data. This one is really holding us back right now reporting-wise, and I just don’t see why Freshdesk has limited the functionality that appears to already exist.

For example - I can go into the curated report and manually edit the widget to provide me average time tracked data, but I cannot save this widget. My changes are lost as soon as I leave the widget. This is so bizarre.

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 28 June 2021, 14:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @Jarrod,

The Curated reports in Analytics are the default reports in Freshdesk and are analogous to the old reports. The widgets in the curated reports cannot be modified, as per the behavior. However, filters can be applied to widgets on an individual level.

In case you wish to save the widget and report filters, we recommend you to clone the curated report. This would generate a copy of the curated report and unlike its behavior, you can customize the cloned report/widgets based on your requirements and also save the changes. Please refer to the article links below to get detailed insights on the same.

Feel free to drop a note here or write to support@freshdesk.com for any further queries and we would be happy to help.

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Well that is definitely helpful, I will give that a try!

Thanks for always beingso helpful!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Anytime, Jarrod! :)

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team