How to backup Freshdesk data

• 10 November 2012
  • 7 replies

A free, open source program   http://www.httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html    will allow you to create an offline version of your Freshdesk site. This can be handy for reference if data on the live site is deleted unintentionally, and can be very useful when an Internet connection is not available. For most sites it should take less than an hour to complete the copy. The data can then be copied to a CD or DVD for a portable version of Freshdesk

The program is very easy to use. Although it has many configurable parameters, all you really need supply is your url plus login and password.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

HTTrack has caused major problems with Freshdesk. I would no longer suggest using them together.

Does anyone know how to back up all Freshdesk data?

Hi Folks

Please just use the Admin > Account settings and Data export for getting out all the data

These tools take up your ADMIN credentials and can do a lot of changes without even us knowing

So please refrain from using such tools

regards
Vijay

Hi Folks

Please just use the Admin > Account settings and Data export for getting out all the data

These tools take up your ADMIN credentials and can do a lot of changes without even us knowing

So please refrain from using such tools

regards
Vijay

Greetings Vijay or other Admins!

Is there any way to automatically backup all data from Freshdesk without having to do it in the user interface?

Badge +2
I know we can backup data, but does this also backup the rules and settings that we've created?

Another option for backing up all your data from Freshdesk is Flatly.  This easy to use web app auto-copies Freshdesk data (full data objects) to Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive and more on a scheduled, automatic basis.

Disclosure:  I work at Flatly.