How to block a belligerent customer?

• 26 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi,

One customer continues to ask the same questions over and over. 

In some cases I repeatedly close a ticket and tell them to stop writing about the same issue.

Is there a means to stop this 1 customer from re-opening their tickets?  Or block them from submitting any new tickets?

If they submitted something new that is legitimate I'd like to be able to support them, but if they submit the same question again, I'd like to merge it with the closed ticket and stop engaging with the customer.

Thanks for any suggestions!

(note - first time posting here and not seeing an appropriate forum topic - please let me know if i'm not in the correct place)

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Hi,

I am also interested in your answer ...

I'm very interested in this answer.

Mark the case as SPAM and then choose to block the user when prompted.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

The requirement to block repeated questions is very subjective and unfortunately , it is not possible to automate this task of merging the tickets together . It can be a good exercise when we come up with Machine Learning capabilities in future.

The contact can either be completely blocked from creating tickets or the agent can manually merge the tickets if he finds similarity in the content. You can try installing the Recent Tickets widget to list the 5 recent tickets submitted by the same user.

Cheers!