Solved

How to integrate Freshdesk with a custom CRM

• 3 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Freshdesk with our existing tools and I have a dilemma.

Today, I use 3CX for our telephony and it is already plugged to our custom CRM (to get the contact information and track the calljournaling).

Now, I would like to also plug Freshdesk to :

• create a trace in Freshdesk for every call (in or out) using 3CX
  • create a link between Freshdesk and our custom CRM to share the contact information and several data related to their company

I found I could easily plug 3CX to Freshdesk to create new tickets / create new contacts but then I don’t get this information into my CRM and I need to create a link so that the CRM can get the data from Freshdesk.

Or I can keep my link 3CX/CRM but then I need to be able to create automatically tickets and update my contacts from this CRM.

In both cases, I have no idea how to plug the CRM to Freshdesk.

I may add that I am using Blossom.

icon

Best answer by Keer 3 June 2021, 21:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @JulianeB, I hope you are doing well. With the help of your developers, you can build a custom app  as briefed in this guide to sync the data between your CRM and Freshdesk. 

To start with, you can useCreate ticket API endpoint to create tickets from CRM and ‘Contact update API’ to update the contact details in the integration. 

Please write to support@freshdesk.com if you’d like us to check the feasibility with our partners to see if they can help in building this for a professional cost. 

Have a good day!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks a lot. That is what I needed. I really didn’t know where to start.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sure, @JulianeB. I am glad we could help :) 

If you have further queries, please post them here or mail to support@freshdesk.com and we’d love to assist you further. Have a good day!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

I have another question. I understand that the Custom App is available only in the Garden plan (and larger). However, I can see it in Admin > Application > Freshdesk Developpers.

Does this mean that I can create a new app but not use it in our environment ?

Do I have to change my plan and get Garden to create such a bridge between our systems ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I have another question. I understand that the Custom App is available only in the Garden plan (and larger). However, I can see it in Admin > Application > Freshdesk Developpers.

Does this mean that I can create a new app but not use it in our environment ?

Do I have to change my plan and get Garden to create such a bridge between our systems ?

Hello @JulianeB, unfortunately, the custom app feature is available only from Garden plan. We completely understand your usecase here and we shall loop in your account manager in an email thread to see if we can help you with other options. Thanks!