Solved

Managing access

• 15 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I would like to be able to control different access for differents clients we have

How can I do that? 

For exemple, when someone from the Y company wants to creat a ticket, he should be able to choose his name in a list which will be only accessible to this company. Is it possible?

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards, 

Lauriane

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 20 July 2021, 14:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Lauraine,

For your portal requirements, are you trying to configure multiple ticket forms for your customers based on the company they are associated to or is this specific only to certain ticket fields where you wish to show different values for the customers? It would be great if you can provide more details on your business usecase to help you accordingly.

Thank you,

Freshdesk Community Team

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply

Here, I would like to be able to add a dropdown list where clients could select from which company they are from

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for clarifying your requirement, Lauriane.

You can simply create a custom dropdown field, visible to your customers and add all the company names as values for that field. Now, whenever customers are creating tickets from the customer portal, they would have the option to select a value from the dropdown field which indicates the company they belong to. Refer to the article link to get detailed insights on configuring the same:

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/37596-creating-custom-fields-in-your-ticket-form

Feel free to drop a note here for any further queries and we would be happy to help!

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply

But I would like to make this dopdown list accessible to only 1 of our client, can I do that?

Many thanks, 

Kind regards, 

Lauriane

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes, you can customize the support portal and show only specific ticket fields to your client, Lauriane. 

Customization of the portal can be done with the help of the Portal customization feature (Admin > Portals > Customize portal) in Freshdesk. Please refer to the link and take the help of your developers to achieve the same: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/71599

In case you require our assistance, we can loop in third party system integrators to assistyou with your customization request. Please note that you will be charged additionally based on your requirements.

Thank you,

Freshdesk Community Team