Solved

Parse subject or body text to custom field

• 8 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi.

We search for ticket tool which will help us to manage issues send by our corporate customers in to our mailbox.
Customers send us their tickets with their ID numeration - hundreds in a single day. Customer send us standarized Tickets that has their ticket ID in e-mail subject or body, like:

ZAYearMontDayNextnumber (ZA2012106050987)

H/9digitnumbers/3alpanumerical (i.E. H/873459876/CNL)

C-H6digits.2digits (i.E. C-H763452.34)

We are looking for solution:

1 to automaticly parse those ID to external ID custom field

2 to automaticly connect several emails containing the same external ID (so we will have order ticket and complaint ticket connected somehow in our ticket system)

3 to add some tags or issue type when e-mail body/description contains specified words (like ,,complaints” - add ,,complaints” tag or when ,,order” - add ,,order” tag) - i found triger that automaticly finds a word in ticket subject but can”t find a triger that search for a word in body/description (in many ticket tools it Is possible , i.E. freshdesk).

icon

Best answer by Akshara209 8 July 2021, 14:55

View original

1 reply

Hi Zdrodzik, 

Thank you for explaining your use case. Please find the answers to your questions below

1. For the first case --> When an email with the Order ID say - ZA2012106050987 or H/873459876/CNL  is being sent to your mail address which is configured Freshdesk can identify if there is an existing Ticket with the same Order ID with the help of a custom app and trigger a Webhook to create a Tracker Ticket and in the future if there is another email sent (say about a complaint) with the same order ID then this complaint will be linked to the Tracker ticket. Please note this can be done with the help of a custom app.
  2. For this if I understood it correctly, you would like to have both the order related email and complaint email merged in the same ticket?
  3. This can be done via Ticket creation automation which will detect the keywords mentioned in the Subject/Description of the email and trigger the corresponding action of Creating a Tag.

We would really like to get on a call to understand further about your use case and assist accordingly :)

Best,

Akshara Haridassan

akshara.haridasan@freshworks.com