Solved

Permanently Delete Agents

• 1 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Anyone successfully “permanently delete” an agent entry that is stuck in the “deleted” status under contacts?

I’ve asked support to help but as usual Freshdesk support is absolutely useless.

Thanking you in advance

icon

Best answer by Aldrin 3 March 2021, 03:26

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2

@onyxum Deleting an agent from Freshdesk, they would be converted to a Contact on your account. Their profile could be found under the Contacts tab on your Freshdesk. 

However, you will be able to perform a hard delete and a soft delete of the contacts. A Hard delete(only available with the Mint UI) would completely remove them from the Helpdekm whereas a soft delete moved to the list of "Deleted" contacts in Freshdesk and you can restore these contacts as and when needed. Please note that emails from these deleted contacts will automatically be marked as SPAM.

Feel free to reach out to support@freshdesk.com with your account URL and your plan, so we could check if you have the option to Hard delete the contact and also look for the feasibility to have this feature added to your account.

Best!

Aldrin,
Freshdesk Community Team

Typical non-answer from Freshdesk and who selected the above reply as the approved answer? I didn’t.

The deleted agents converted to contacts have been stuck in this state for months:

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have emailed Freshdesk about this. Here is the response:

We would like to let you know that any agents that are being deleted from the "Deleted agents" filter will remain in that folder and display as deleted agents. This is because, it's the product behavior where if any agents get deleted, it will be converted as a contact. When you delete the contact, it'll be moved to the deleted contact list. When you try deleting a contact that is already deleted, the contact will get deleted and it displays as a "deleted agent". So we request you to kindly ignore this behavior as this is the product behavior by default. 

It took about 3 emails for them to investigate the issue, and then another separate follow up email to confirm that what we see in this thread is real. When they finally did, they claimed it wasn’t a bug.

I am having serious second thoughts about entrusting our customer services team to this company.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Freshdesk,

It is 2022 and I am still having this issue. See screenshot below:

I am unable to click into the deleted agent to delete them further.

Clicking the checkbox to restore the agent brings up the message (agent restored) but the agent isn’t actually restored. Like the original poster, I have deleted the agent from the admin interface, then again via a soft-delete as a user and then again as a hard-delete from the profile.

The system also triggered several emails for this (xyz has permanently deleted abc).

I DID NOT mark this post as “Solved”

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @onyxum

Apologies from our end that your issue with deleted contacts is not solved yet. I see that you’ve raised a ticket for the same and our support team has requested additional  details to take this further. Can you please have a glance at it? 

Also, to elaborate on Aldrin’s response, ideally when you delete an agent, the agent would be deleted, and they would be converted to just a contact. 

Delete agent : Step 1 

Now, you would be able to find them as a part of your contact list. 

Delete Agent : Step 2 

When you further click on delete, the agent converted to a contact would be soft-deleted so that any tickets raised by them would be marked as SPAM and you would be able to find them as a part of deleted contacts. 

Delete agent : Step 3 

Now, if you wish to purge this contact completely, you would have to click on the profile of the contact with an exclamation mark, test, in my case and click on ‘Delete forever’. 

Delete agent : Step 4

Once you do that, you’d see a pop-up where you have confirm as this is an irreversible option. 

Delete agent : Step 5

Once you do this, the contact would be purged. However, it would take a few minutes for the contact to be completely deleted, and in that time, you’d still see the contact in the deleted contacts list but you would not be able to click on them as mentioned here

After some time, if you check, the contact would be permanently deleted. 

Ideally, this is how deletion works. Since, you’d mentioned that deleted agents are stuck in that state our team has requested for information to troubleshoot this further and help you with this case. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you, 

Keer, 

Freshdesk Community Team 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jim.stephen are you able to advise thanks? :)