Solved

Sorting by Resolve By

• 14 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Is there no way to sort the list of tickets by Resolve By? Seems like a bit of an obvious use case but I can’t see how to do that.

By the way, I am also curious to know if the format of columns is configurable. The Resolve By date is pretty cumbersome and all I really need in the list of tickets is something like “In 12 hours...”. If I need the specific date/time I can open the ticket so the long-form date is “fluff” I don’t want or need.

icon

Best answer by Keer 14 July 2021, 22:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @markwill, I hope you are doing well today. In the ticket view, you can sort by using the ‘Due time’ 

Sort by due time

With respect to column configuration, as of now, it’s hardcorded and is not possible. You can opt for table view → Click on the pen icon in the filters section → Add Resolve by → Click on Apply. 

Table view
Editting table view filters

If you’d already configured this, you’d see both date and the time left after which the ticket would be due. 

Table view - Resolve by and Next response due by

You can also remove the columns that are not required to declutter the view by clicking on the red button with a hyphen inside. 

Remove columns - Table view

We understand that it’d be more clean if you could customize the columns. We’ll pass this as a feedback to our team to see if we can take this up as a feature request. 

I hope this helps. Please post if you have any further queires here. Have a good day :)

Userlevel 2

Thank you, @Keer. This does help and I appreciate it.

I confess to being mildly disappointed with the management of views in FreshDesk. For the more mature SAAS apps there are often a full set of “view management” features, including (some, but not all, of these exist today):

• Sorting
  • Filtering
  • Column inclusion/exclusion
  • Column display format
  • Column width
  • etc

Although I have used one example here (Resolve By), my hope would be that in due course this sort of app-wide functionality is added, so that there is much more control over these issues, for any column. This seems like very leveraged dev work i.e. generic functionality that can help or address a number of use cases.

In the meanwhile, though, your comment helps and I appreciate it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I can understand your standpoint here, @markwill. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this feature. We’ll pass this on to our product team to see if we can take this up as an enhancement anytime in the future. 

Have a good day!

On our widget it indicates up with the crimson celebrity... It is proven under the description (same as Sport Category on your display screen shot). I brought more mandatory fields on our web page and the widget changes right now.