Question

SSO for Agents & Contacts, same Azure Org.

• 30 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all, We’re trying to get set up here. I’ve created a freshdesk app in Azure, and successfully SSO agents in, grantng agent roles within the azure APP. 

However, configuring SSO for contacts gives a completely different identifier so i can’t link it to the same app. 

Considering the Azure freshdesk app has roles for both agents and contacts, it seems logical that one azure app is intended for agents and contacts

Am i missing something here? can the SSO method for agents be re-used for contacts without making a new one?  if so, how?. If not, what do you do? 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @neilmc, apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. Can you confirm if you are using Freshdesk or Freshworks app here in Azure AD? Ideally, we suggest the customers to add two different Freshworks apps - one for Agents and another for contacts so that they can add the users to the right app. This would also help if you are trying to set-up IdP-initiated SSO.

If you could help us in understanding what you are referring to as different roles for agents and contacts in Freshdesk app, we’d be glad to have your usecase checked and help you further here. Let’s know your thoughts on the same.