Solved

Views with IF statements

• 28 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is it possible to have a view with IF conditions like
Show all unprocessed tickets assigned to me Except IF (Type is Warranty AND Status is Pending) OR (Type is Returns AND Status is Pending) ?

I then have 2 other views called Warranty and Returns with Type is Warranty AND Status is Pending condition so these tickets are being shown there instead for my pending view. 

What I am trying to do is filter out tickets in my view that has been processed or replied to so they don’t show in my view again. But if customer responds back to ticket, since it will then change status to Open it will re-appear in my view again. I could then decide to reply to it or just select Pending status again and it will not be shown in my view. 

icon

Best answer by Keer 28 June 2021, 16:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @sam1234, good day! It’s an interesting ask to include conditional statements in ticket list view filters. You can include all types and statuses except the ones you are looking to exclude and apply a filter for the same. 

For instance, let’s say there are type A, B, and C and statuses - pending, open, waiting on customer. If you want a filter view that excludes Type C and Status pending, you set up the filter like: 

Type is A and B

Status is Open and waiting on customer

We’ll have your feedback passed on to our team to see if we can take this up in the future. Also, if you have any further queries, please post them here, and we’d be glad to help. 

Badge

Hello @sam1234, good day! It’s an interesting ask to include conditional statements in ticket list view filters. You can include all types and statuses except the ones you are looking to exclude and apply a filter for the same. 

For instance, let’s say there are type A, B, and C and statuses - pending, open, waiting on customer. If you want a filter view that excludes Type C and Status pending, you set up the filter like: 

Type is A and B

Status is Open and waiting on customer

We’ll have your feedback passed on to our team to see if we can take this up in the future. Also, if you have any further queries, please post them here, and we’d be glad to help. 

Thank you for your advise here, however what happens here is that Type C will all be excluded from here even if there is a Type C ticket with Status New. Because the filter in the selection for views works as OR and not as AND

So your example with Type is A and B means the view will exclude all tickets that has type C regardless

of it’s status meaning the status condition is unnecessary since it’s already excluded since before.

And for the second Status is Open and waiting on customer will exclude all other ticket types as well. 

Example if a ticket has Type A but status is Pending. This will also be excluded here. 

-

The best way would be if Freshdesk would implement that you ‘add’ your filter to a list. Then you can decide to add another filter and so on to a list. These filters will all be applied the same time to your view then.