We are re branding our name and we would like to change the domain name.
The URL that we have now : https://kinemasterdown.com/download-kinemaster-for-pc/
We will be changing it to https://www.kinemasterdown.freshdesk.com/
Is it possible?
Best answer by ashwin.nethaji
If you do have a Freshdesk account with us, we will be able to change your Freshdesk URL if the new URL you want is available. Your current URL isn’t a Freshdesk URL, so do elaborate on this.
If you want to change your Freshdesk URL, there are a few consequences that are listed below.
Please find below the impacts of the URL change,
- The "Forwarded to" Address under Admin > Email will automatically be updated once the URL is changed.This has to be manually copied and configured in the Support Mailbox for Email-Ticket Conversion.
- The old ticket URL to check the status of the ticket in your replies and in the email notifications etc will not work moving forward. An error message saying "we couldn’t find that helpdesk" will be prompted upon accessing the link.
- The links to Solution Articles/Forums sent before the change to the customers will not work anymore.The updated link for the same has to be provided to the customers post the URL change.
- If you had configured Webhooks using the Automation, you must update the callback URL in the respective automation rule, for it to work.
- If there is any 3rd Party App integration that requires Freshdesk URL/domain to be specified at the time of integration, do update this as well. (For Eg; Freshdesk - SugarCRM Integration).
- If you have set up a CNAME record, the CNAME pointed to Freshdesk URL will be automatically updated once the URL is changed. Hence the new Freshdesk URL need not be updated in the DNS records once again.
- The Feedback widget code placed on any website or business applications should be modified with the new code once the URL is updated.
- If you have integrated FreshChat and FreshCaller, they have to be updated with the New Freshdesk URL as well.
- As soon as the URL is changed, the agents who have logged in will automatically be prompted with an error message saying "We couldn’t find the URL". To login again, they can use the new URL.
An estimate of 7 - 8 business hours will be required to implement the proposed change and is more often processed well before the aforementioned time frame.
However, if you have a preferred date and time for the URL change for various business reasons, please add the details in the below form,
To proceed further, please let us know your acknowledgment for the request and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can have this done.
The current Freshdesk account URL (yourcompanyname.freshdesk.com):
Your preferred/ new URL for us to check the availability from our end:
Preferred Date (if any):(date)
I agree to proceed with this change ( Yes/No ):
Hope this helps!