Question

Check for multiple conditions and perform action without ending workflow

• 9 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks in advance in assisting me. 

Goal: Check for multiple conditions and perform action for each without ending the workflow
Example: A requester asks for access to Domain A & Domain C

Please see attached image of workflow. How do I create a workflow that checks for conditions and completes actions simultaneously to other conditions and actions? I feel like the only way to achieve this would be to copy the domain B, C, & D workflows under both the rejected AND approved paths in Domain A, Domain B would include the workflows of C & D, Domain C would have Domain D and D would not have any others as it is the last condition to be checked. 

There has to be a better way. Save my brain. ;)

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks mmccoy for the quick response. No we are not. This is just a hypothetical scenario. It could be any request item with various options.

Hypothetically, you could use the service request module to initial an action to “Grant Security Access”  In that selection you could have a sub selection to pick a single windows domain or multiple.

Then using orchestration via on prem AD connector. you could run a workflow much like I already have to build accounts setup group membership etc. You could also built multiple accounts to different domains in the same workflow.  Each time you add the orch AD object you can select which config of that object you want to use. So you could have an agent on domain A and another agent on domain b and fire actions on both.

Additionally, in theory in a forest / tree or trusted scenario you may be able to get aware with a single agent.  - Have to test this some time when I have a free moment. :)

So if I share a screen shot you can see conditions I have and then an execute if condition is true / false.

IE below, I create a user, then check to metadata on the command for status, if successful i move on the the next step. Or I fail and add a note to the ticket with a failure reason.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Couple of initial questions.  Are we talking about AD accounts for the windows domain correct?

Are these domains in a forest / tree relationshipor trusted domains?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks mmccoy for the quick response. No we are not. This is just a hypothetical scenario. It could be any request item with various options.