Solved

Service Request - Description

• 10 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I’m new to Freshservice. I just want to ask if where can maintain the Sub-category and Item for SR?  I'm having this kind of ticket view for all SR tickets.

Also, I noticed when I point it to subject field, it will show - this ticket has no description.

Is this the description system is referring to?

Note : All my SR has description since its a required field. so i wonder what is this thing.

icon

Best answer by mmccoy 10 September 2021, 14:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Welcome Raymond!

I will answer your first part of your question first…. Go to “Admin” then field manager and then form fields. On the right side select the pencil next to category (Under Shared Fields).

Userlevel 3

On the second point, when you hover over the subject it should bring up the last comment on the ticket.  That's the description filed it is referencing. Try to add a reply on a ticket and see if it shows up on hover.

Welcome Raymond!

I will answer your first part of your question first…. Go to “Admin” then field manager and then form fields. On the right side select the pencil next to category (Under Shared Fields).

Thank you Sir.  Should the agent update the ticket properties for Sub category and item field for each SR ticket? is there a way to automate the linking once ticket has been created?

Userlevel 3

I have found that a requester doesn't take the proper attention on setting a category let alone nested categories.   So we ask them to pick the parent category and our techs will review that and add any sub and item level categories as part of their process when initially reviewing a ticket.