Solved

Create Widgets for Ticket State

• 24 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anybody know how to setup dashboard widgets to show:-

Responses due today

New Requester Responses that have been added to tickets.

The agent currently gets an email when a response has been added to a ticket, but I’d like to add a dashboard widget rather then rely on emails.

I can see a column called state when we look at a ticket list, but I don’t seem to be able to filter on state.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Sona_Senthil 27 February 2023, 17:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @lisa.price,

It is not possible to filter by the State at the moment. You would need to create custom ticket views in each of the cases and then map them to the live widgets in your custom dashboard.

1.Responses due today

If you are referring to First Responses that are due that day, then you can go to the ticket list view and apply the filter “First response due by->Today” as seen below, click Apply and then save the view as seen in https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/234532-how-do-i-create-a-custom-ticket-view-

2.New Requester Responses that have been added to tickets.

You could create two automation rules under Admin->Automations->Ticket Updates to filter out the customer responded tickets and then create a separate ticket view for those tickets.​ You could set up the two rules with the following conditions to update a custom dropdown ticket field(“Customer Responded”, for example, with choices “Yes” / “No”) and this field can be created under Admin->Ticket Fields.

Create the first rule under Admin->Automations->Ticket Updates to update the "Customer responded" field to "Yes" when a customer responds on a ticket or you could also modify the existing Ticket Updates rule called "Automatically reopen tickets when the customer responds".

img_1593629414362.pngimg_1593629449308.png

You would create the second rule as below under Admin->Automations->Ticket Updates to update the "Customer responded" field to "No" when an agent responds on a ticket. 

img_1593629470556.pngimg_1593629486293.png

This way, only those tickets where the customer responded would have the dropdown field value as "Yes" and you could create a custom ticket view after applying the filter "Customer responded->Yes" and then map it to live widget on the dashboard as discussed earlier - https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/234532-how-do-i-create-a-custom-ticket-view-

Regards,

Sona 

Freshdesk, Freshchat, Freshcaller product expert

Are you interested in learning more about how our services can help add value to your business? Check out our Professional Services to know more & get started.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your help.  We’ve got this up and running now.