Question

Kanban boards for requesters?

• 16 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

It is possible to grant permission to an end user or “requester” (Non agent) the ability to see a Kanban board for a specific group? We have a user that is heavily involved with a specific group and needs to see all tickets assigned to an agent group. He would like to have them displayed in the Kanban format as well. Do to contractual and security reasons I cannot make him an agent or observer as that would enable them to see private notes. Any ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey @Matmin ,

Greetings from Freshworks Community!

I Understand your usecase. There is actually a way for that. In Freshdesk, we have something called “Collaborators”. You can add that person as a Collaborator and mark the Scope as “Assigned to their Group” and add them to the respective group, which gives them access to see all the tickets assigned to that particular Group. Also they can see the Kanban board app as well.

To add a Collaborator, please go to Admin->Agents->New Agent, then in the Dropdown, change from Support agent ->Collaborator. Please note that this is only available from the Pro plan and above. You can add upto 5000 Collaborators for free.

Please check the below article and screenshot for more info:
https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003573-how-to-set-up-collaborators-

Please reply back to this thread if you have any other queries/

Regards,
Jebas D.

Badge

Hi Jebas,

Thank you for your reply. It does not appear that I have that dropdown option. The only choices I have are Full-Time and Occasional. Any ideas on how to enable that?