What are some common myths about Artificial Intelligence?

• 17 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It’s easy to be misled by the popular myths and misconceptions about AI. It's time to debunk some myths around it which will help make better decisions and investments around it.

Share some of the myths that you have heard or read around AI.

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Ah! There have been so many and I’m sure there are still some more which I don’t know if it’s reality or myth. 

Some commonly heard ones have been. Correct me if these are reality and not a myth.

1. AI will replace humans in all jobs
  2. AI adoption involves large investments and is suited just for the big businesses
  3. AI will outweigh human intelligence

Userlevel 1

Robots will take over the world is something I’ve commonly heard and as a student of technology have also happened to believe it for a really long time. Watching and reading sci-fi and listening to talks on superintelligence have given a lot of perspective over this statement. While anything can happen in the long future, as of now, AI cannot be seen as something that can destruct or surpass the human race. What’s to progress with AI in the long term lies in the hands of creators now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

It’s easy to be misled by the popular myths and misconceptions about AI. It's time to debunk some myths around it which will help make better decisions and investments around it.

Share some of the myths that you have heard or read around AI.

Other than the high levels of job replacement and Terminator scenarios, I’d say that AI technologies work for all “straight out the box” is a big myth. They might work technically but much has to be done to make AI capabilities a real success, especially when people are involved too.