Lead vs contact - what would you do?

• 24 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I have a new lead in Freshsales. The superior of this lead might join him to book the same deal. How would you manage that? Should I add the superior as a new lead? If so, how can I join those 2 leads to the same deal?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Annie

2 replies

Hi Annie,

To my mind, Leads (in any CRM) are very lightweight records for quickly capturing and organising people that are not strictly sales qualified leads. This allows you to do marketing warmup sequences etc.

Once they express interest, I find it most useful to get that lead converted to a contact+deal as fast as possible. Once that is done, you can add the superior in as an additional contact on the deal (each deal can have multiple contacts). Freshsales doesn’t support specifying a “role” for each contact on a deal but this is good enough I guess.

Badge

Hey Annie, 

I hope you’re doing good. 

Leads are considered as those clients who may or may not become a valuable prospect in the future and therefore can’t be linked with a deal. It is better suggested to convert the leads to contacts as and when you filter and finalize them as a prospect which can be linked to a deal. 

A deal can have multiple contacts related to them so you can add both the employee and the higher official from the same company as contacts to the same deal. 

I hope this helps.