Badge +2

Hi

i can’t add meta channels. Error adding channel 

it sounds as revoked permissions someone of my old team did on Facebook 

:(

could you help me?

5 replies

Hi @Juanki,
Certain prerequisites are required to configure Instagram and Facebook. 
Please check these articles: 
Integrating Instagram account with Freshchat : Freshchat
Deploying your Freshchat bots on Facebook Messenger : Freshchat

Kind regards,

Hi @Juanki 

Adding this video to help out further: https://support.freshchat.com/en/support/solutions/articles/239221-freshchat-facebook-integration 

Hope this helps!

Hi Juanki,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble adding meta channels and suspecting that it might be related to revoked permissions from a previous team member on Facebook. Dealing with such issues can be frustrating, but don't worry, I'm here to help!

To resolve this problem, I recommend the following steps:

1. Check App Permissions: Firstly, verify the permissions of your Facebook app and ensure that you have the necessary access to add meta channels. If permissions are missing or revoked, you may need to adjust them through your Facebook developer settings.

2. Reconnect Accounts: If you believe a team member's actions affected the permissions, try reconnecting your account to the affected platform. This could refresh the access and resolve the error.

3. Contact Support: If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Facebook's support or developer community for further assistance. They might be able to provide specific guidance tailored to your situation.

4. Audit Team Members: It's essential to audit your team members and remove any previous members who might have retained access to your Facebook app. Ensure that only trusted and authorized individuals have access to prevent similar issues in the future.

5. Stay Informed: Keep an eye on any updates or changes in Facebook's developer policies that might impact your app's functionality. Being proactive and up-to-date can help you avoid potential problems.

Remember, handling permissions and settings can be intricate, so don't hesitate to seek assistance from Facebook's support resources for more specialized guidance. Best of luck in resolving the issue, and I hope your meta channels are up and running smoothly again soon! 😊👍

yeah i was facing same issue on my side.. but after watching this video support.freshchat.com/en/support/solutions/articles/239221-freshchat-facebook-integration i have fixed my issue.. freshworks support is really great. thank you so much guys.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Heyy @jackdavid09 

I'm glad to hear that you managed to resolve the issue on your own! 

0moNOyM0BVQdKaHKzfk6jI9aQhsJWkK63YNwXlwvz_uPphr43qP9yARLIqNLGts2iesjksC8leauTvq_qbaFxj5I963Of50HSkxqNX30-SE5qfx4hKf3QgyLCcxtADY0GX_2nXOVGbcQeHYA0M-r_Gk