Question

variuos freshchat questions

• 23 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

Today we had a meeting with a customer about Freshchat and their Chatbot.

During this meeting, I've seen a few strange behaviors…

Like when we've changed something and ticked on preview, the bot always started at Flow 1.1

In our training environment, however, our bots always start the preview from the point where we have edited something.

So say if you add a Flow 5.5 and want to check that, you just click on Preview it starts the preview at 5.5 and not on 1.1

Is this a change that i've missed? or is this a setting that we can edit?

Secondary, we've noticed that we cannot delete a pointer that is set.

So, if the customer creates a flow (say 5.5 again) and then selects that when choosing option 1, the next step should be flow 6.1 and afterwards sees that it should be 6.2, it is not editable. 

Do we miss something, or is this normal behavior?

Looking forward to hear from you!

GreetZ!

Chris.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Chris S. ,

I hope you’re doing well!

Greetings from Freshworks Community!

I understand your concerns.

To answer the first question, If it’s a “self-service widget”, the preview starts from the current flow that you are in. But if it’s a “Conversational widget”, the preview always starts from the First flow. Thing is that, previously, when you click on “New Bot”, it will be a Self Service widget by default and you will have to change this to “Conversational widget” if/when needed. But now, when you click on “new bot”, you will be choosing the kind of BOT that you need. hence you might have noticed the difference.

To answer the second question, You can actually remove the condition. if you need to change the flow anytime, you can click on the condition arrow mark right next to the Message and delete the conditions:

I hope this helps.

Please reply back if you have any queries.

Regards,
Jebas D.