Solved

#8145891 Multilanguage Support for Services

• 19 January 2021
  • 7 replies

I have previously submitted a ticket and there hasn’t been a reply, ticket was closed automatically too. Does anyone know how to go about resolving this issue:

I have three different support email and is there a possibility to add a "default" language for users from each individual support email? Else the CSAT sent out will be just English.

icon

Best answer by suprabha.somanathan 21 January 2021, 21:02

View original

7 replies

Hi there! Let me check on why was ticket #8145891 closed without a reply, and have the right person email you at the earliest. 

To not keep you waiting till then -

We would need to set the right language for the contacts on the helpdesk, post which the surveys will be sent out in the corresponding supported language, based on the requester language and the .yml translations available. To update the language of the existing contacts, you could perform a contact export, update this file with the right requester language and then import the updated file back.

Hope this helps! 

PS - The language of the requester/contact is set as the primary language of the helpdesk by default and this explains why the surveys are sent out in English.

thanks following up on this, i have the exact same question posted but no one replied since 9 days ago and still counting.. agent is 

Arun Vijay
Senior Executive - Channel Sales

on a side note, the above is not really helpful since I may send out a survey immediately after i have resolved the case. in this case, i still have to manually change the customer’s default language first before i can close the ticket.. is there a more effective or efficient way of doing this?

@CPadmin -  Ideally, for the existing list of contacts, this update can be done any day by exporting the list and then editing the language, and then importing the same again.

That said, for the new contacts that get created during ticket creation, we might have to make this change manually and only then the survey gets sent in the intended language.

Thanks!

We will look into this again, it is not feasible for us to do this on a regular basis as we do not know which exact service mailbox did the user write from (after exporting the contact list) and therefore, cannot manually set the language of the user. Hopefully a new feature for this will roll out soon because this is not really a useful feature given that the survey only targets the user’s language settings and we can’t do anything about it except to manually change it

Userlevel 1

I hope my ticket won’t be closed

www.eyelashextensionscincinnati.com

Hi there! Let me check on why was ticket #8145891 closed without a reply, and have the right person email you at the earliest. 

To not keep you waiting till then flexispy  -

We would need to set the right language for the contacts on the helpdesk, post which the surveys will be sent out in the corresponding supported language, based on the requester language and the .yml translations available. To update the language of the existing contacts, you could perform a contact export, update this file with the right requester language and then import the updated file back.

Hope this helps! 

PS - The language of the requester/contact is set as the primary language of the helpdesk by default and this explains why the surveys are sent out in English.

What is your language?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Your feedback is truly insightful @CPadmin. We highly value and appreciate the same. 

Could you let us know if you have any tickets raised with us for this query? It would be great if you can let us know the ticket ID in reference @geebranz.

Let us know if there is something we can help you with @evaaa and we would be glad to assist! 

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team