Question

Ability to Sort and Filter Tickets by Subject in Freshdesk

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Please add the ability to sort and filter tickets by Subject in Freshdesk.

I can’t believe this isn’t already in the product. The use case for it is so obvious and self-evident. I’m new to Freshdesk and I’m trying hard to like it but I can’t yet. Too many bugs and missing features.

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @FDGuy 

Greetings from Freshdesk community!

At the moment, Freshdesk supports filtering tickets using drop downs(default and custom) and tag names only. However, you can search for the tickets using the global search option with the subject line.

Considering your valuable feedback, we would be happy to pass it to product teams. Please have a look at our Ideas page, and post your ask here. We will look into this and take this up from our end.

Badge +1

I don’t understand why this isn’t already implemented. Complete lack of functionality. 

Most of our tickets have something unqiue in the subject so its critical to be able to filter by subject. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @mfahey,

In the meantime, if it helps, you can try searching with the keyword enclosed within double quotes as suggested in https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/219702-how-search-in-freshdesk-works unless this is something you’ve already tried.

Badge +1

@Sona_Senthil This what im trying to do. We have incoming tickets that have a subject “Building name Chromebook repair form”. 

I want to create a view of these chromebook repairs one for each building or location. Right now I can’t do that and this is so basic. The most commonly used and unique field is the subject. They should implement this asap. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @mfahey ,

I hope you’re doing well!

I understand your use case. I’m thinking of a workaround here. 

You can set up an Automation to add a “Tag” whenever a ticket has this particular Subject and you can create a view based on the Tag.

I hope this works.

Please do let us know!

Regards,
Jebas D.

Badge +1

When will this be implemented ? It’s now been 6 months.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @mfahey 

There is no ETA on this yet but rest assured, our product team is checking on the feasibility based on the upvotes and the priority for this feature.

Your post could be valuable in tracking this - https://community.freshworks.com/ideas

We will definitely make some noise as and when this feature gets released. 

Cheers,
Barun

Please add the ability to sort and filter tickets by Subject in Freshdesk.

I can’t believe this isn’t already in the product. The use case for it is so obvious and self-evident. I’m new to Freshdesk and I’m trying hard to like it but I can’t yet. Too many bugs and missing features in website.

I understand your concerns about reaching out to the support team. While it's true that customer support can take time to respond, it's still a valuable channel to report bugs and request missing features. Additionally, keep an eye on the Freshworks product updates and announcements, as they may address some of the bugs and missing features you've encountered. Collaborating with other community members can also provide insights and alternative perspectives that might help you navigate the current limitations. 

Please add the ability to search by subject. This would alleviate such a major issue.  

Just bumping this up. Please add this feature!

Please add this. I second, third and forth the opinion of everyone else that this is basic functionality. If you have a script that can already filter by other columns it makes no sense as to why there would not already be the availability of all columns to filter on.

Given the limited nature of the automations, cant merge tickets with specific info, we end up with multiple tickets for the same ticket on our SOC platform. Being unable to just filter the queue to merge/close the tickets is beyond painful and no bodge workaround of adding tags is a full solution.

The built in search is absolute garbage 90% of the time.

I am just jumping on the back of this - I would like to expand in that, I don’t think that the product of a ticket like this should be the capacity to sort by Subject. If you can add the functionality to sort by column (i.e. make the column headers interactive) - then that’s not only more intuitive, but also opens up the door to sorting by any column, including custom ones we might like to make visible on the main ticket view.

For example:  

The best solution from an end user perspective i.e. us, would be that we could just left click a column i.e. Company, Subject and to a quick sort one way or the other. In practice, I find that I might take a default view of “my tickets” and sort them by customer so I can work on a batch at once. 

Or to give a use case based on the subject, we get some tickets generated from notifications which can create duplicates. This is unfortunate a product of our process, but nonetheless they were unique enough that a quick sort by subject would allow us to skim through those and trim down the duplicates. 

Probably the easiest solution would be for you to expand the available columns sort by, here: 

But the best option would be something intuitive i.e. user friendly (i.e. minimising clicks/steps to complete an action) - by implementing just simple click/sort on your tables.

I strongly encourage people to supply use cases alongside their requests for this feature as what seems obvious as a user, really needs to be justified further up the chain. 

Badge +1

I also think you should be able to sort by any column header that is displayed by clicking on this, I’d like to sort by Requester or Assigned To (amongst others) but the option isn’t in the dropdown and I don’t want to have to filter on this every time as I still want to see all the tickets.

Ability to sort on any column is required. Not being able to use a filter or sort to easily view closed tickets for a period seems to be a basic omission on a helpdesk?