Question

Agent CSS

• 20 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi All, 

Been struggling with making a change and hoping someone could point me in the right direction. 

I want to be able to change the CSS for elements that the agents see in the backend view. Specifically, I am looking to change the background colour of private notes. 

Tried using the Portal Customisation section, adding the class .ticket-details__privatenote and a simple background colour, but this doesn’t appear to work. Additionally, I have tried with an app, but this doesn’t appear to work either (however, I could probably be creating the app completely incorrectly).

If someone can point me in the direction of creating the CSS to change what the agents see, it would be really appreciated. 

Additionally, the freshdesk documents mention that apps can be deployed to make changes to the mint UI to improve agent performance, so I assume it is possible somehow. 

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @motlive, you would be able to customize the private note’s UI design using a custom app. Please find the documentation here and the UI style guide here. I was able to find an old discussion thread in similar lines that can lead you in the right direction on how to go about this. 

In case you need our assistance in doing it, we can loop in our system integrators or SI partners who would develop the app for you at a professional cost.

Have a good day!

Thanks for replying, unfortunately that information didn’t help as it contains some legacy information. The UI Style Guide also only mentions about the style for the app it’s self, and not changing freshdesk UI. 

In the directory structure for the app there is index.html (which is the app) and then styles/style.css which appear to be relevant to the style. I tried to leave the app structure as is for the default app provided - this references to the stylesheet, and then in the stylesheet adding in to css to change the private note. Unfortunately this doesn’t appear to work. 

There are examples on the git repo, and if one could be added on changing the style for freshdesk that would be immensely helpful for your users. 

I have got the app loaded, with the stylesheet, however it is within an iFrame which will not affect the main website CSS content.

Thanks guy, i was facing this issue

Any further advice on this? 

Still unable to change the CSS for agents helpdesk view.