Question

"All Tickets" list/view only shows tickets opened this year

• 18 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have an issue with the "all tickets” view/list which only shows tickets from this year.

Since 1st Jan, all tickets opened before 2023 have completely disappeared from this list unless I specifically add a filter range of dates ( on desktop )

The “ All unresolved tickets “ is still doing things correctly though, showing me all unrelsoved tickets even from 2022.

My problem though is that I mostly use freshdesk on android and often need to check / refer myself to past, closed, tickets when I interact with the users I offer support to. However the android app has no apparent filtering possibilities other than selecting the default ticket lists.
So my “ all tickets” view/list is completely useless, showing me only the tickets opened during 2023, when I would like to actually see “ALL” tickets, open or closed, of my whole helpdesk, of all time, as implied by the list name.
Only exceptions from this list in my opinion should be deleted tickets obviously and maybe tickets marked as spam since they have their own list further down.

Is this expected behaviour of Freshdesk Free plan or am I missing something config-wise ?
I know about custom views/list from paid plans starting with Growth but unfortunately the demand for support of this client is too little to justify the cost, as little as it can be.

Thank you for reading me.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Solakug 

Greetings from Freshdesk community!

The default ‘All ticket’ view will list tickets that are created in the last 30 days. It does not show all the tickets in the helpdesk. To get that list, you need to enter a custom date range in the ‘Created’ filter. 

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further assistance :)

Cheers,
Barun

Badge

The default ‘All ticket’ view will list tickets that are created in the last 30 days. It does not show all the tickets in the helpdesk. To get that list, you need to enter a custom date range in the ‘Created’ filter. 

Hello Barun.poddar,

I’m afraid i’m not agreeing with what you’re saying.
As stated in my post, I can assure you I had every single ticket opened during 2022 visible in my ‘All Tickets’ view and as soon as 2023 came along, every single ticket which was created in 2022 suddenly disappeared. Not 30 day after, but as soon as I logged on on the 4th of Jan.

When clicking on ‘All tickets’, the filter field ‘Created’ is specifically pre-filled with ‘ Any time’ yet does not actually seem to be applied. However, when selecting any other option like ‘Within 5 minutes’, applying changes, then RE-selecting ‘Any time’ and re-applying, suddenly the ‘All Tickets’ view does its proper job...

The only default view list which includes 2022 tickets without any fuss is the ‘All unresolved tickets’ which properly displays any unrelsoved tickets even if they are from before 2023

Also, this does not help with the mobile view… There is apparently no way of selecting any filters from the android app. The only feature that is similar is sorting by date created, last modified, priority or status, in ascending or descending order.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Solakug ,

Greetings from Freshdesk Community!

It indeed seems to be an Error, which will be looked into. But as a work around, you can use the All Unresolved tickets filter which is available in Android Application as well:

I’ve attached a couple of screenshots for reference. I hope this helps!