API limit of requests per hour

• 4 December 2015
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to increase the limit for number of API requests per hour?  I wrote a script to keep FreshDesk and JIRA in sync, but I keep running against request limits.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

We have just released the beta for the v2.0 APIs - http://developer.freshdesk.com/api. We have also bumped up the limit to 3000 for the beta.

Comment sync back to Freshdesk might not happen if while enabling the integration from Freshdesk the user credentials that are used does not have admin privileges.

From the article : "Enter your JIRA Domain name, admin (user associated with the admin group on JIRA) username and password."

Without the privileges of an admin user, webhook creation on JIRA that pushes changes back to Freshdesk would fail.

If the steps were followed as per the solution article and still the integration is not working as expected, we would highly recommend that a support ticket be raised so that a engineer can have a better look at the system.

Thanks,

Priyo

Freshdesk Integrations

3000 requests per hour would be sufficient.   Alternatively, another Freshdesk support representative suggested trying the JIRA integration that's on-app, https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5963-integrating-jira-with-freshdesk.  I wrote my script before all of this functionality was there, but now that it's available in a plugin I decided to give it a try.  Comments and status updates copy over from Freshdesk to JIRA, but it doesn't seem to be working the other direction.  I'm using JIRA 7.1.

Hello Charles,

What is the limit that you think you will need? We will be bumping up the API rate limit for our v2 APIs that we plan to release very shortly.

Recommend that a support ticket be raised with details such as daily ticket create and update volume, the type of sync, and the corresponding expected API exception limits required.

Thanks,

Priyo,

Freshdesk Integrations