Archival

• 10 June 2017
  • 4 replies

We recently discovered that our older tickets are now categorized as "archived."  None of us had any idea this was coming.  I'm not sure if FD gave us a heads up and we just missed it, or what. We do get a lot of mail from FD.

Anyway, we'd really like to get some info on what exactly this means for our ticket database.  It would be great if someone could point me towards an article or something.

One thing I've noticed is that now when we do tag searches, our older tickets don't appear in the results anymore, which is a problem for us.  Also, we recently added a "Type" field to our tickets, so now we need to retroactively set the type for all tickets that used to use a specific tag that is now covered by a type.  But unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to apply bulk actions to archived tickets, which is also a problem.

I'm just wondering if there is any solution for us.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to post this on our community forums. We generally send out newsletters on product updates and also update the release notes here ( please subscribe to this forum to get email notifications ). 

In general, the archived tickets cannot be edited 😞 but, you can still use the tag based search approach to find the older tickets with similar tags ( you will have to navigate to the archived tickets view and then use the filters on the page ) . Here's an article that gives you some insights on the archival feature .

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

We should have the ability to move tickets out of archive?? Some clients have ongoing tickets and we need to be able to keep their ticket live.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Joe: Since it is a system activity, I'm afraid the action cannot be reversed with ease. In case if the conversation is live, the agents can move the ticket to a different status apart from resolved or closed so that those tickets are skipped from the archival process.

Cheers!

I must admit that I also missed the notification about this feature. My issue is when filtering tickets, archived tickets are not included and although the ticket properties are archived with the ticket, it's not possible to filter them. There should be a tick box to "Include Archived Tickets" under the filter section so as to include all Archived tickets so you can look for something specific. I don't mind if it takes longer to search on the odd occasion I need to include archived tickets.