Are there placeholders for custom fields in liquid?

• 30 August 2019
  • 9 replies

I am looking into Freshdesk as a replacement for our current ticketing system.   I understand that in the Estate plan, I can customize the user's (customer) portal with CSS/HTML.   

I looked at Liquid but it appears you cannot use custom fields in as placeholders.  

What I need is the following ability:

I would like to embed a URL into the portal that connects to another resource we manage.  The URL is unique to each user (uses a API key), e.g.

http://example.com/?TOKEN=##############

Where TOKEN is an unique API key that would be set as a custom field in the user's profile.    I would like to show this on the login page.  

Is this possible?  I did not see the ability to use any custom placeholders in liquid. 

9 replies

Pretty sure this is possible - I asked this question about getting information from a custom field inside a user a couple of month. I was was told getting a custom field from a contact is fine but not possible with a company.

See my ticket here:

Does any know if there are plans to make the custom fields on the company record (associated with a user) available in the placeholders?

Badge +3

Hi John,

We can get the user associated company's custom field information by using the below code. 

{{portal.user.company.custom_field_name}}

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @jeff_19664, adding on to @dineshs’s note, you can find all dynamic placeholders you can use in this article : https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/52630-understanding-dynamic-content-and-placeholders

You can easily pick the company related placeholders and use them as you wish. I hope this helps:grinning:   

@Keer  - are there placeholders available for “software” fields? Both existing fields (like “Managed By”) and custom fields?

In Software, we created a custom drop down selection field called “Business Criticality Classification”, I would like to reference to field and the “Managed by field” in knowledge base articles so that staff can see particular information relating to available software.

Is this possible?  if not, what is the best approach to publish information to requesters about Managed Software?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @METandI, May I know if you are referring to custom contact fields? Can you share a screenshot of the fields so that I can look into it?

@Keer - Thanks, please see screenshot attached. “Category” and “Managed by” are existing Freshservice fields.  “Business Criticality Rating” is a custom field.  The highlighted Yellow fields are the fields which I would like to reference to publish in KB articles:

Badge +1

I have a custom field in my tickets that is labeled “CR Subject.”  How do I use liquid to put that in the ticket card in the ticket list?
This is a screen capture from my sandbox where I’ve been trying to manage this...

This is the liquid that I’ve tried to put right under the subject in the “Ticket List” Portal pages, but I still get the above:

{{#if ticket.cr_subject}}
   <span class="CR Subject">{{ticket.cr_subject}}</span>
{{/if}}

Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

Badge +1

I have a custom field in my tickets that is labeled “CR Subject.”  How do I use liquid to put that in the ticket card in the ticket list?
This is a screen capture from my sandbox where I’ve been trying to manage this...

This is the liquid that I’ve tried to put right under the subject in the “Ticket List” Portal pages, but I still get the above:

{{#if ticket.cr_subject}}
   <span class="CR Subject">{{ticket.cr_subject}}</span>
{{/if}}

Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

I tried just replacing the {{subject}} with {{ticket.cr_subject}} but that just gives me this: