Sticky LIVE Q&A

Ask me Anything: Live Q&A on API's and Custom Object

• 15 November 2022
  • 12 replies
Ask me Anything: Live Q&A on API's and Custom Object
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did we save the best for the last day of November? Let’s find out.

@sukanya.arunachalam, Customer Success Engineer, Freshworks, is all set to take the stage at a special ‘Ask Me Anything’. 

A little note about our host 💎

I got lucky to start and continue my career with a customer-facing job in an expeditiously growing company with over 8 plus years of experience. Starting as a Support Engineer really helped me to shape myself to have a "Customer First" attitude and to become this ardent customer experience representative.

Having gained some technical exposure on how SaaS-based products function and have found some success in the areas of Implementation, customer support, framing/coordinating processes, and coaching analysts, I am working on understanding the workflow model of different businesses across SaaS to help offer recommendations which in turn would help deliver better ROI and improve our customers KPI’s!

🎥 Topic: 1. API’s: Overview and capabilities 2. Custom Objects

💡 You will hear about and learn from real-time demos on

• API’s & how they are used
  • Automating workflows using webhooks
  • Automating data exchange via integrations
  • Data extraction made easy using custom objects

12 replies

Hello, can you cover exactly how to integrate with Freshdesk using GET/PUT etc from integration tools like Zapier?  Direct access via API seems to be a nightmare to get the authorisation right.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

“Steps” app sadly has deprecated and I’m desperately trying to find something similar.

As a work around, is there any way to create To-do items inside of a ticket using webhook/API? 

Badge

Can you please let me know whether the delete option can be disabled for agents in freshedesk

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Karl.Richardson We understand the importance of the Steps app and are in touch with the marketplace teams to build similar ones or re-modify the existing ones. In the meantime, wanted to check with you to see if this will help -  https://zapier.com/apps/freshdesk/integrations/todoist/3260/create-todoist-tasks-from-new-freshdesk-tickets. Let us know if not.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@KannanSimplr Could you help me with additional details on if the agents are performing Delete operations on the tickets or on the contacts? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I couldn’t make this one, unfortunately. 

One thing I would like to know is - Is it possible to connect to APIs that require OAuth 2.0 and how this is achieved with Webhooks?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Can you please let me know whether the delete option can be disabled for agents in freshedesk

@KannanSimplr 

You can create custom roles in Freshdesk and remove the ability to delete the tickets/contacts for agents.

Badge +1

💪

Badge

I am newbie in API, will you please let me know why I am getting this error

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@moe72 Sure, let me check. Could you help me with the details of the call, please? It generally happens when the host request headers are not in tact.

Badge

It is very simple call, I am trying to create an Service item when the condition met.

Service Item.

Condition.

Badge

It is very simple call, I am trying to create an Service item when the condition met.

Service Item.

Condition.

@moe72 ,

Please use below API call to create service request

https://your-domain.freshservice.com/api/v2/service_catalog/items/87/place_request