Sticky LIVE Q&A

Ask me Anything: Live Q&A on API's and Custom Object

• 15 November 2022
  • 12 replies
Ask me Anything: Live Q&A on API's and Custom Object
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did we save the best for the last day of November? Let’s find out.

@sukanya.arunachalam, Customer Success Engineer, Freshworks, is all set to take the stage at a special ‘Ask Me Anything’. 

A little note about our host 💎

I got lucky to start and continue my career with a customer-facing job in an expeditiously growing company with over 8 plus years of experience. Starting as a Support Engineer really helped me to shape myself to have a "Customer First" attitude and to become this ardent customer experience representative.

Having gained some technical exposure on how SaaS-based products function and have found some success in the areas of Implementation, customer support, framing/coordinating processes, and coaching analysts, I am working on understanding the workflow model of different businesses across SaaS to help offer recommendations which in turn would help deliver better ROI and improve our customers KPI’s!

🎥 Topic: 1. API’s: Overview and capabilities 2. Custom Objects

💡 You will hear about and learn from real-time demos on

• API’s & how they are used
  • Automating workflows using webhooks
  • Automating data exchange via integrations
  • Data extraction made easy using custom objects

12 replies

Hello, can you cover exactly how to integrate with Freshdesk using GET/PUT etc from integration tools like Zapier?  Direct access via API seems to be a nightmare to get the authorisation right.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Karl.Richardson We understand the importance of the Steps app and are in touch with the marketplace teams to build similar ones or re-modify the existing ones. In the meantime, wanted to check with you to see if this will help -  https://zapier.com/apps/freshdesk/integrations/todoist/3260/create-todoist-tasks-from-new-freshdesk-tickets. Let us know if not.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@moe72 Sure, let me check. Could you help me with the details of the call, please? It generally happens when the host request headers are not in tact.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

“Steps” app sadly has deprecated and I’m desperately trying to find something similar.

As a work around, is there any way to create To-do items inside of a ticket using webhook/API? 

Badge

Can you please let me know whether the delete option can be disabled for agents in freshedesk

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@KannanSimplr Could you help me with additional details on if the agents are performing Delete operations on the tickets or on the contacts? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I couldn’t make this one, unfortunately. 

One thing I would like to know is - Is it possible to connect to APIs that require OAuth 2.0 and how this is achieved with Webhooks?

Badge +1

💪

Badge

I am newbie in API, will you please let me know why I am getting this error

Badge

It is very simple call, I am trying to create an Service item when the condition met.

Service Item.

Condition.

Badge

It is very simple call, I am trying to create an Service item when the condition met.

Service Item.

Condition.

@moe72 ,

Please use below API call to create service request

https://your-domain.freshservice.com/api/v2/service_catalog/items/87/place_request

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Can you please let me know whether the delete option can be disabled for agents in freshedesk

@KannanSimplr 

You can create custom roles in Freshdesk and remove the ability to delete the tickets/contacts for agents.