Assigning users to Companies by domain

• 14 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

we've just started using Companies in our FreshDesk. There is a possibility to assign people automatically to a Company using their e-mail domain.

However, we have some clients who don't have their own e-mail domain and they use a quite common e-mail address, for example "@xxx.cz". We know that we can distinguish them by the first part of the e-mail address, ex. "name-company@xxx.cz".

But if I add "company@xxx.cz" as a domain to FreshDesk, it automatically assigns all users with the common "xxx.cz" domain, ex. ex. "name@xxx.cz", to that company.

Is there any possibility to solve this and assign users to companies automatically? Anything like the Dispatcher rule, which is great but apparently doesn't work for Companies?

Thanks so much for answering!

Kristýna

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Kristyna,

Thanks a lot for posting this on our community forums. This is indeed a quite interesting case and ofcourse, a difficult one to crack. A wild crack at this would be to create a Backend app that makes use of Companies filter API to find and register the user with the correct company value. 

We can even explore the feasibility of this through our integration partners. Let me know if you'd like me to connect with them.

Cheers!