Question

Automate a reply message to the WhatsApp users

• 19 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

There’s a requirement to automate the reply message to the WhatsApp source ticket users having condition with description as some message. And this reply should be sent on WhatsApp, not to be sent as an email response to the WhatsApp ticket users.

This is much much required since we have received so many same kind of requests from different users. It would be highly appreciated if we have a solution or work around for this.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Vignesh Raj 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

As of now, we do not the capability to send automatic messages to customers through Freshdesk for WhatsApp tickets. Using automation rules, the messages would only get pushed to the customer via email. Since we use numbers here for ticket creation, adding public notes via webhook trigger would also not work because adding public notes will not push it to the customers’ numbers. 

We already have a feature request in place for this. In general, the requests will be processed based on the number of users who've requested for them and based on the priority and current schedule of the feature request queue. 

Please have a look at our Ideas page, and post your ask here. We will look into this and take this up from our end.

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries :)

Hi

Any update on this feature yet?

Hello,

I confirm that it would be super helpful the have an initial msg auto-replay for Whatsapp.

Customers don’t provide many details at the beginning and it doesn’t make sense to wait for support to ask about it when it can be automated.

It will decrease support time a lot 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hey!

We have our WhatsApp messages route through FreshChat if that’s an option you can take?

Through FreshChat we are able to apply automations using an app so any time a customer sends us a WhatsApp message it will send a pre-defined message explaining our open hours.

I am also sure you can apply bots to WhatsApp through FreshChat also which could capture customer details.

Hope this helps.

If Fouad WA has Millions of users, it means that the application consists of interesting characteristics. Its qualities have stunned its users and convinced them to Use Fouad WhatsApp.

i also want this feature for my hunting related website to set customer goal...

Hey!

We have our WhatsApp messages route through FreshChat if that’s an option you can take?

Through FreshChat we are able to apply automations using an app so any time a customer sends us a WhatsApp message it will send a pre-defined message explaining our open hours.

I am also sure you can apply bots to WhatsApp through FreshChat also which could capture customer details.

Hope this helps.

Hi Aaron, We are in Freshdesk thread. Could you please help me understand in details how FreshChat relates to it?

STEP 1: User sees a button “Contact Support via WhatsApp” in mobile app and clicks it
STEP 2: WhatsApp opens and customer writes to us
STEP 3: Customer can contact us any time via their WhatsApp

Where/how can I squeeze FreshChat here?

How can I automate default msg from the customer, so i.e. device ID is pre-populated 
or
How can I automated initial response msg with your tools or do you provide any dev tools so my dev team can build on top of that? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hey @zuza ! Sorry about the delay in responding here. 

I don’t produce any tools apologies if it came across like this! We just used the native functionality of FreshChat to import our WhatsApp number, I would reach out to support@freshchat.com if you need help getting the number in to FreshChat.

From there any time a customer contacts us on WhatsApp it appears as a message in FreshChat with the customer’s mobile number.

You can then download the Advanced Automations app in FreshCaller and send an automated initial response message from there.

I do know they have recently allowed you to apply Chat Bots in FreshChat to WhatsApp messages so this may be even more effective than our current set up of using an App to display an initial response message, something I will be looking to achieve in the near future!

Hope this helps!