Question

Automated ticket close after no movement for more than 30 days

• 26 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi

How do I set up a automated time trigger rule to close ticket that had no movement on them for >60 days.

It seems any ticket that had no movement on them for longer than 30 days is not being considered for and of the timed automation rules.

Note: I am aware of a app like bulk update light. I am looking for a fully automated solution that I can set up and leave to run.

Thanks 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @burgervr 

Greetings from the Freshworks community! 

We understand that you would like to close a ticket where there were no updates for 60 days. 

However, as you have mentioned, the tickets that were inactive for more than 30 days will not be considered for Automations. So as a workaround, we would need to create two Automation rules to achieve your use case. 

Firstly, you can create a new status field, “No update for 30 days,” to identify the tickets that were inactive for 30 days. To identify them, we can make use of the Time Trigger Automations:

To create this rule, you can go to Admin -> Workflow -> Automations-> Tickets -> Time Triggers -> New Rule. 

We would need to run this first rule on 29 days 23rd hour (719th hour) instead of exactly 30 days to avoid the Automation of missing out on this ticket:

Workflow:

Hours since awaiting customer response (719 - 29 days 23 hours) -> set status “no update for 30 days -> Hours since No update for 30 days (719 - 29 days 23 hours) (59 days) -> Set status “resolved”

Sample Rule 1:

aJFLXN7LY-IxseY0JdlP7DXLMAITQCNEEdN_wAC3Ej2-sGwr926s7nSETV_H9bVKcQxq3k5BtrPw4WRB6QzEHP-IiVWxE6x7g4zBPa8zB_NsXtZcPub6bD6lDC5z50_-1Ff7pHRvMg91be7ZL-nfj84

I have identified the tickets that were inactive based on the status “Awaiting Customer response” for 30 days and have set the status as “No update for 30 days”, you can make the changes based on your business needs.

Post this; we can identify the tickets that are inactive for 60 days based on the below rule: 

Sample rule 2:

1ku1h3yKKv6JyRl42NxI1ypT73VpYUrayFcQ4tRO5D2yW97BY1ftf-60aKXLeBMNgO1Hn1Zclw8drhYdiGvaS6SUXnvOebKVULBCHdfWC2lHaFKWv3j5DpKZpqHIXrSGgDU9koRqwxifgIGeHFOwsyM

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Burgervr,

I would question that 30 days is a long time to wait and would recommend it be shorter but I am sure there is a valid reason.

Also for me to properly test this without FreshDesk confirming a maximum time limit on the automation rule, it would obviously take up to 30 days. 

So, assuming you have the automation set to 720 hours (24 hours x 30 days) and it isn’t working, you could set a create a new status to increase the time. for example 

Status >10 day rule = When a ticket is 240 hours since Open, update status to “>10 days Old”

Status >20 day rule = When a ticket is 240 hours since status “>10 days”, update status to “>20 days Old”.

Status >30 day rule = When a ticket is 240 hours since status “>20 days”, update status to “closed”.

It may also be used to give you an idea of how many tickets are within the bracket of 0-10, 10-20, 20-30 days old.