Solved

Automatic responses are not visible on the ticket

• 15 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have created automatic responses that get  triggered under certain conditions.

I was expecting to see them directly on Freshdesk, on the ticket that triggered the automation.

However, the response is never visible on Freshdesk. Only on the requester email inbox.

This way  I have no way to know which ticket has been responded with an automatic reply and which isn’t.

Any way to fix  this?

icon

Best answer by atrigol 18 July 2022, 07:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @atrigol,

Welcome to the Freshworks Community!

I understand you are expecting your automated replies to be visible within the Freshdesk tickets, I am afraid Freshdesk does not support the display of automated replies within the system, since this is considered as a sent message from the helpdesk and not an “Agent Response”. 

If you would like to track your automated messages being sent out, please access the show activities option as shown in the video below -

You will be able to see an action as displayed below -

Cheers!

Badge

Yeah, that’s what I assumed freshdesk was doing, but that won’t solve our problem.

Havinig to click on “Show activities” everytime we want to know what’s going on (and look for the activity info) is far from ideal.

We want to know what message (and content) was sent to the requester to be able to follow the whole conversation and have all context for it. 
If the user replies to the automated response, it won’t  make any sense at all if we don’t know what automatic response was sent and what was it content. 

As a workaround for this mess, I had to create another automated task exactly the same as  the one sending the automatic response, but this time, instead of sending an email to the requester, it will create a note on the ticket system with that same automatic message content. 

It’s far from ideal, but it does the job.
Freshdesk should really think about this as I’m pretty  sure I’m not the only one with this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@atrigol I had the same issue and the Freshdesk support desk pointed me to your post here. I’ve now put an idea on the ideas board about this: