Question

Automatic Ticket Closure

• 6 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi. Can’t seem to figure out a way to set tickets to automatically close after a period of time. What we’d like to actually do is the following. 

• If we set a ticket to “Resolved”, we’d like the ticket to auto-close in 7 days

Is this possible? I am close with the workflow automator but I fall short with a timing function.

Thoughts? 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @srizkalla,

Welcome to the Freshworks Community!

I see you are looking to set an automated ticket closure after a ticket is set to resolved for more than 7 days; Please use the Time Trigger Automation available from the Growth Plan in Freshdesk to achieve this.

Please navigate to Admin -> Automations -> Time Triggers, and execute the attached flow -

DtTxv8u0K7wVo8ojz-IFudVxOkTPQQHm663RjRA9_Rz2TE7OT84Ti-mccyMXJeR7NNgZ9Z01OlVDZNUnVm0kCUI3xBWZIGmh5V4cPq6jTNFW9Hk5Tm_S-7H0zpUABQ27RANltJA1bDRkkHS7iA

You can define your hours since resolved based on how long the ticket has to stay resolved, let's say if this is 2 days, it should be 48 hours. In your case it would be 24 hours * 7 days = 168 hours.

Quick Pointer: Since Time Triggers run every one hour, this might keep running and send out emails to your agent in bulk; please keep in mind to have the lesser than 170 condition to avoid endless emails being sent out as a reminder; I hope this helps!

Cheers!