Automatically create ticket from existing ticket

• 12 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Does anybody have an idea on how to create a ticket automatically from an existing ticket?

We sometimes need to branch off one or more tickets from the main issue a customer raised. You know the type: While discussing one issue, the customer now raises another request in the same thread. Often, these can be done in paralell.

Is there a way to split this off automatically? I can do it manually and select groups, priority, and so on, but we have a few cases where this happens so regularly, that a Scenario would be the ideal option:

So you execute a Scenario (say, SLA update order) and it automatically creates a new ticket for that customer, selecting the right group, populating a set amount of fields and you're good to go.

There's no way to do this out of the box, but has someone found a work-around? Or an idea for one?

1 reply

Hi, Markus.

I understand that you found a solution to your workflow using the Parent-Child ticketing feature. Another option worth considering would be to run a webhook using automations, based on a certain ticket update as a trigger, which I believe was suggested to you in the ticket that you had raised with us. 

Cheers!