Question

Automation didnt work

Badge +1

We have a freshdesk account (free, not paid) and we have configured automation there. The rule is if a ticket is created from any of the domains, move them to this group and send an email to members of that group. But I have tested multiple times, and its not working. Even I dont see any rule that got activated when a ticket is received, from ticket activities tab. Can someone please help on this.?

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello akashp. Can you add a screen capture of your automation? Have you tried a very simple rule, first just to see if any works?

Badge +1

Hello akashp. Can you add a screen capture of your automation? Have you tried a very simple rule, first just to see if any works?

Black marked ones are our customer domains from where we recieve tickets. The reason I need if domains filter is because we have some customers that need to route to some group and some other to another group.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

This should work. Did you make sure that these Companies domain names have been datafilled exactly as in your conditons?

Badge +1

This should work. Did you make sure that these Companies domain names have been datafilled exactly as in your conditons?

This is how the company structure look like for us. I double verified the domain correctness between this page and the automations page.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Do you have more than one rule in your Ticket Creation automations? Rules are checked one by one, from top to bottom and the first rule that matches will be executed and it stops there, the other rules will never be executed. If you have more than one rule, move the one that you are testing at the top.

Is a ticket created at all for the incoming emails with these domain names?

Do tickets get created at all when sending an email to your support address, no matter the domain name of the companies?

If you create a ticket from the Customer Portal, does it create a ticket?

How are you testing the rule?

Badge +1

Do you have more than one rule in your Ticket Creation automations? Rules are checked one by one, from top to bottom and the first rule that matches will be executed and it stops there, the other rules will never be executed. If you have more than one rule, move the one that you are testing at the top.

Is a ticket created at all for the incoming emails with these domain names?

Do tickets get created at all when sending an email to your support address, no matter the domain name of the companies?

If you create a ticket from the Customer Portal, does it create a ticket?

How are you testing the rule?

Answering one by one:

1, yes I do have multiple tickets. But the domain names used here are not being used anywhere else at this point of time. So, rule collision is not expected with these domains.

2, yes, a ticket is created for all the incoming emails.

3, yes, it works fine.

4, yes, it works fine.

5, I am testing it based on the ticket as email, creating the ticket using portal. None of them works.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

OK. I would really need to see your complete rule, not just the summary. Of course, in your testing, you are using an email that does have any one of the Domain names that you have in your condition and in the Companies?

I am curious about this issue, and I am offering to do a Teams screen sharing, if you want. Your other solution, probably the best, would be to open a ticket with Freshdesk. They can login to your environment and really look at everything. Right now, it seems that what you are doing should be working, but I have only seen the outside of the car, you have not opened the hood yet 😉.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have done a very quick test. I created the rule below, with just one domain (yahoo.com), moved it to the top of the list of the rules, send an email to our support email from my Yahoo account, and it works perfectly:

I then added a second domain name in the condition, just to be sure, and it also worked just fine.

Badge +1

I have done a very quick test. I created the rule below, with just one domain (yahoo.com), moved it to the top of the list of the rules, send an email to our support email from my Yahoo account, and it works perfectly:

Alright, can we connect in sometime? Maybe u can just let me know your availability with the timezone and we could connect.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m EDT and I have some time now if it works for you just let me know your email.

Badge +1

I’m EDT and I have some time now if it works for you just let me know your email.

You may connect with Vysakh in v.vysakh@devopspace.com. He is available now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for joining my meeting. The automation is now working, the only issue left is that the agents are not notified when sending an email to agents or agents’ group with the current domain name. This seems to be an issue with the way the Helpdesk is configured. I suggest you open a ticket with Freshdesk for this. Please let me know what the final fix was for this last issue.