Solved

Automation when a 3rd party reply (private note) occurs on a ticket

• 7 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am wanting a ticket to go to “Open” status whenever the ticket requester sends a reply, OR when a 3rd party that has been forwarded the ticket sends a reply to the email.

The first part is easy.

For email replies from a 3rd party, the response gets added to the ticket as a “Private Note”.

I have set up an automation rule so that the ticket status is set to Open whenever a new Private Note is created. The problem with this is that it does it even if a staff member adds a Private Note directly in Freshdesk.

How can I get the rule to distinguish between a Private Note generated by a 3rd party email reply, vs a Private Note created by a staff member within Freshdesk. I only want the former to trigger the ticket status to be set to Open.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 7 October 2021, 17:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @fresh_atd,

For your business requirements, you can make use of the below ticket updates automation rule (Admin > Workflows > Automations > Ticket updates) to suffice your requirements. Using this automation rule, the third party response would be recognised as the private note added by requester.

Ticket updates automation

Hope this helps! 

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It doesn’t really seem accurate, as I wouldn’t consider the 3rd party to be the Requester, but it works!

Thanks for your help :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Glad to know it works, @fresh_atd

Definitely, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feel free to drop a note here for any further questions! :)

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team