Can I change the properties of a ticket via email?

• 13 October 2011
  • 5 replies

Hello,

With ZenDesk, I am able to place a call in the subject line i.e. {{status=closed}} or {{assignee:someone@yourcompany.com}} to change the status of a ticket or assign it to someone. There were quite a few calls for thier email api, and I find it very convienient. Is this or anything similar available in Freshdesk?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Hi Nick

Thanks for raising this question

Is your question related to only via API ? or in a normal scenario ? Eg. When an Agent replies back from his inbox to a ticket with the Ticket ID in the subject and keywords like "Status:closed" that automatically sends the reply and changes the ticket to closed. If this is your requirements, then, yes,we have plans to bring this in form of "Email Commands".

If your question is w.r.t API, then let me check with my team on this and get back to you.

regareds

Hello,

Yes, this is the senario that I am refering to :

When an Agent replies back from his inbox to a ticket with the Ticket ID in the subject and keywords like "Status:closed" that automatically sends the reply and changes the ticket to closed. If this is your requirements, then, yes,we have plans to bring this in form of "Email Commands".

The only reason that I mention the email API is that is the functionality that I have to acheive this function in ZenDesk.

Is there a timeline on when this feature will be available?  It is a key peice of functionality for us as we have an odd campus with 5 buildings, and we need to be able to change ticket status on the go.  Unless you have an Android app in the pipeline?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick

Thanks for confirming the details.

Answer is "Yes" for both the features - Email Commands as well as Android Apps.

We are working on the Android/iOS apps and also Email Commands. Let me check with my team on the details and get back to you on this.

regards

vijay

Hi Nick

Check out the latest update for Email Commands.

You can update entire Ticket Data by sending specific commands in the Email, while replying to customers.

regards
Vijay
Hi Nick

Just wanted to update you that we've implemented Email Commands in Tickets. Now, you can send these specific commands while replying to the customer and it will be applied on the tickets.

regards
Vijay