Solved

Can I schedule recurring mails from Freshdesk

• 16 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

Part of activity is recurring and we need to remind some of our customers to send us specific information/document every month / every quarter / every year.

I know which companies have to receive those messages from my custom fields.

Can I schedule from Freshdesk a recurring automatic email that would create a ticket so that my customer only have to answer to it ?

Today, I use Blossom.

icon

Best answer by Keer 16 June 2021, 12:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @JulianeB, this indeed is posssible with the proactive outreach feature in Freshdesk that is supported from Garden plan. You’d be able to schedule 5 outreaches per month upto 1500 contacts. You can find more details on the same here

Another workaround, you could make use of any third party event scheduler like Google Calendar to trigger an email to the support email address whenever an event is due.

In that way, you wouldn't miss out on any notification as they would all come in as new tickets on your portal.

Let us know if you have any furtehr queries on the same. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks Keer,

I had a look at the proactive outreach feature in your link. It still seems to me that you can’t use it as a recurring process, am I correct ? Don’t get me wrong, I am quite happy with it anyway (one action every month is way better than having to find all customers and send them the same mail individually). I just to make sure I don’t miss anything.

I also searched the functionalities of Google Calendar (because it was a solution I found suggested in another topic) but I don’t get how I could use it to send properly formatted e-mails every month

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @JulianeB, you are right. You’d have to schedule the outreaches every month and you can schedule upto 5 every month. 

With respect to the Google calendar workaround, I doubt if it’s the best option as the requirement here is to schedule well-formatted mails frequently. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have further queries on the same :)  

Badge +1

Hi Juliane,

I’m super excited to announce that we’ve just launched the Recurring Tickets for Freshdesk app on the Freshworks Marketplace.

Though this app allows you to create tickets with the available templates, it can be extended to trigger an email to the customer as well using the HTTP Request action.

I’d be happy to help configure that for your specific requirement.

Freshdesk Recurring Tickets Integration | Freshworks Marketplace

You can create daily, weekly, or monthly schedules to create tickets.

What’s more is that you can configure multiple actions to execute during every schedule.

It’s available right now for only $29/month.

Cheers,

Arun Rajkumar